Last Updated on 1 month by Editor
Ivy Austin Biography
Ivy Austin is an singer, actress and voice- over artist, born (Ivy Lynn Epstein) on January 19, 1958 in Brooklyn, New York, U.S. She is best known for her roles on Garrison Keillor’s A Prairie Home Companion. She also starred on Broadway in Raggedy Ann.
Ivy Austin Age
Austin was born (Ivy Lynn Epstein) on January 19, 1958 in Brooklyn, New York, U.S. She is 61 years old as of 2019.
Ivy Austin Education
Austin attended and graduated High School of Performing Arts and Colgate University.
Ivy Austin Photo
Ivy Austin Career
Austin’s stage vocation started with national voyages through Hair (as Crissy) in 1976 and They’re Playing Our Song (Alter Ego) in 1979. She made her New York City Opera debut in 1982’s Candide (Pink Sheep) and stayed on the visitor craftsman program through 1989. Other NYCO credits incorporate Naughty Marietta (Lisette), The Merry Widow (Zozo), The Music Man (Ethel Toffelmier), The New Moon, The Desert Song, South Pacific, and Sweeney Todd (Beggar Woman). Austin’s Broadway debut in 1986 was as the featuring job in the Joe Raposo/William Gibson melodic Raggedy Ann, coordinated by Patricia Birch.
In 1989, Austin played out “The Story of Gloria” on American Radio Company (presently known as A Prairie Home Companion). As indicated by Time Magazine, “The show’s most entertaining representation, a sequential, created another star, on-screen character Ivy Austin.” She likewise played the dried up voiced French woman Babette, and sang with Rob Fisher and The Coffee Club Orchestra.
Austin has recorded endless tunes for Sesame Street, and is the voice of Sesame Street characters Cereal Girl, Hammy Swinette, Sublime Miss M, Soo-ey Oinker of The Oinker Sisters, and Gloria Esta-worm. As author/maker, Ivy Austin made occasion programs for National Public Radio and a long-running show arrangement at The World Financial Center. Ivy Austin showed up in various TV plugs and has a noteworthy rundown of showy and show credits.
Austin is in her 6th year as a contributing lyricist and entertainer in The Thalia Follies, a political parody in on New York’s Upper West Side. Austin performs consistently at Symphony Space on WNYC radio communicates of Selected Shorts and Bloomsday, and has partaken in long periods of “One end to the other” music long distance races. She showed up in Wall-to-Wall Broadway singing “Adelaide’s Lament”. She has played out a few plays with the Night Kitchen Radio Theater for XM Satellite Radio.
Ivy Austin Filmography
- Grease 2 (1982) – Girl Greaser (Francine)
- “The Charmkins” (1983) – Skunkweed (voice)
- My Little Pony: Escape from Catrina (1985) – (voice)
- Snoopy!!! The Musical (1988) – (voice)
- Sesame Street – Cereal Girl, Hammy Swinette, Sublime Miss M, Soo-ey Oinker of The Oinker Sisters, Gloria Esta-worm, Additional Voices
- High Strung (1991) – Contestant
- Big Bird’s Birthday Celebration (1991) – (voice) Oinker Sister
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit (1991) – (voice) Flopsy/Bluejay
Animaniacs – Carloota, “Garage Sale of the Century/West Side
- Pigeons” (1993)
- Sesame Street Stays Up Late! (1993) – (voice) Tita
- The Real Shlemiel (1995) – (voice) The Lantuch
- Elmopalooza! (1998) – (voice) Oinker Sister
Directing and Producing
- Christmas at Rainbow Corner (co-producer Denise Lanctot) 1993, National Public Radio
- Her Funny Valentine, 1994, National Public Radio
- Women in Cabaret, 1994, World Financial Center
- Women on Broadway, 1995, World Financial Center
- The Tony Awards, 50 Years of Broadway’s Best Musicals, 1996,
- World Financial Center
- The Men I Love, A Centennial Salute to Ira Gershwin & George
- Gershwin, 1997, World Financial Center
- Happy Birthday New York, A Musical Tribute to the City’s
- Centennial, 1998, World Financial Center
- The Great Songwriters of Hollywood, 1999, World Financial Center
- Spring Fling, 2000, World Financial Center
Ivy Austin Discography
- Sing! Songs of Joe Raposo
- Big Bird Discovers the Orchestra
- Sesame Road
- Born to Add
- Splish Splash: Bathtime Fun
- Sing-Along Travel Songs
- Silly Songs
- Hot!/Heat! Hot!/Heat! Hot!/Heat! Dance Songs
- Sesame Street Platinum-All Time Favorites
- We Are All Earthlings
- I’m Green and I’m Proud
- Signs of the Times from Moo-town Records
- Sesame Street Kids/Kid Favorite Songs
- Sesame Street Best
- Cheap Thrills
- New York City Opera Candide
- Lady Be Good!
- Wall to Wall Richard Rodgers
- A Prairie Home Christmas
- A Prairie Home Companion 25th Anniversary Collection
- Selected Shorts: A Night at the Office
Ivy Austin and Ally
Austin and Ally is an American comedy television series created by Kevin Kopelow and Heath Seifert that aired on Disney Channel from December 2, 2011 to January 10, 2016.