Last Updated on 3 years by Admin
Kay Arthur Biography
Kay Arthur is an international Bible teacher. The four-time ECPA Christian Book Award-winning author is also the co-founder of Precept Ministries International. Kay teaches inductive Bible study and has authored many inductive Bible study workbooks. The Inductive method of studying the Bible is a set of steps to follow to “mine” the details of the given book under study.
Kay Arthur Age
Kay was born on November 11, 1933. She is 84 years old as of 2018.
Kay Arthur Family
Kay Lee Arthur was born and raised up in Jackson, Michigan. Her God-fearing family moved frequently, and in each new community they looked for a church home first, and then looked for a house to live in.
Kay is the teacher and host of Precepts for Life
Kay Arthur’s exciting, practical approach to the Scriptures has influenced thousands to use the Precept
At the age of 29, a divorced mother of two working as a nurse, Kay called in sick to the hospital where she was working because she was sick at heart, sick over the life of sin she had been living. She had a religion but did not possess a relationship with God.
On the morning of July 16, 1963, she fell on her knees as a sinner and rose as pure and whole in the Lord’s sight. “For ‘Whoever will call upon the name of the LORD will be saved’” Romans 10:13, (NASB). “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come” (2 Corinthians 5:17, NASB).
She hungered and thirsted for the Word of truth and began studying the Bible. Her relationship with the Lord and scriptural findings turned her sorrows into joy and her mourning into laughter.
God’s love poured down upon her in 1965 when she married a missionary with the Pocket Testament League named Jack Arthur. Together they served as missionaries in Mexico for three and a half years until health issues led them back to the States.
In Chattanooga, Tennessee, Jack began managing a Christian radio station, and Kay began a teen Bible study. Though the study started as a small gathering in the living room of the couple’s home, it soon grew from teens to college students to adults. From the beginning of the gatherings, Kay’s and Jack’s deepest desire was to establish people in God’s Word.
The ministry they founded in 1970 became Precept Ministries International where they served together as CO-CEOs until February 2012 when they stepped down and their son David assumed the role of CEO.
Precepts for Life was voted Best Television Teaching Program for 2004 and 2009 by the National Religious Broadcasters. Kay Arthur was awarded the prestigious NRB Hall of Fame Award at the 2011 National Religious Broadcasters Convention and Exposition. NRB’s most prestigious award is presented to an individual NRB member for invaluable contribution to the field of Christian communications, an exhibition of the highest standards and evidence of faithfulness in Christ.
She was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Tennessee Temple University for her outstanding biblical knowledge. She has written over 100 books and Bible studies, with over ten million in print. Four of her books have received the prestigious Gold Medallion Award.
In February 2012 Kay was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Christian Women in Media Association. This esteemed award is presented to a CWIMA member for their faithful involvement and impact on Christian communications.
Kay Arthur Husband
She married Jack Arthur in 1965. Kay and Jack Arthur currently reside in Tennessee.
Kay Arthur Sons
She has three sons namely; Mark L. Goetz, David Lee Arthur, Tom Goetz.
Kay Arthur Bible Study
Kay Arthur approach to the Scriptures has influenced thousands to use the Precept Inductive Bible Study Method in their personal studies. Her distinguished Bible teaching programs motivate others to discover truth for themselves. Her passion is for people to be established in God’s Word.
How To Study Your Bible Kay Arthur
How To Study Your Bible is a dynamic guide to cultivating step-by-step Bible study skills such as observation, interpretation, application, and other more skills that mean the difference between being a passive spectator and an active participant in God’s Word!
Kay Arthur Books
- Our Covenant God
- A Marriage Without Regrets
- America On The Edge Booklet
- Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed: A Study Of David
- As Silver Refined
- When The Hurt Runs Deep
- God, Are You There? Do You Care?…
- Israel, My Beloved-Paperback
- Kay’S Testimony & More Of The Story
- Faithful, Abundant, True-Lifeway
- The Truth About Sex
- Lord, I Give You This Day
- Search My Heart, O God
- When Bad Things Happen
- How To Get Rid Of Internal Enemies
- Jesus in the Spotlight
- Lord, Teach Me to Pray for Kids
- With an Everlasting Love
- How Do You Walk the Walk You Talk?
- Trusting God in Times of Adversity
- Understanding Spiritual Gifts
- How to Study Your Bible
- Lord, Only You Can Change Me
- Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days
- The Holy Spirit Unleashed in You
- Our Covenant God
- Lord, Give Me a Heart for You
- Discover the Bible for Yourself
- God’s Blueprint for Bible Prophecy
- Living with Discernment in the End Times
- Return to the Garden
- The Essentials of Effective Prayer
- Praising God Through Prayer and Worship
- To Know Him By Name
- Choosing Victory, Overcoming Defeat
- A Sneak Peek into the Future
- God Has Big Plans for You, Esther
- That I May Know Him
- Living As You Belong to God
- A Marriage Without Regrets Study Guide
- Listening to God in Difficult Times
- Search My Heart, O God
- The Call to Follow Jesus
- Finding Hope After Divorce
- Lord, Where Are You When Bad Things Happen?
- Precepts For Life Study Guide
- Being a Disciple
- Experiencing the Miracles of Jesus
- Desiring God’s Own Heart
- Having a Real Relationship with God
- Teach Me Your Ways
- Living Victoriously in Difficult Times
- Money and Possessions
- God’s Answers for Relationships and Passions
- Walking with God in Every Season
- Behold, Jesus Is Coming!
- Spiritual Warfare
- Lord, Heal My Hurts
Kay Arthur Net Worth
She has an estimated net worth of $200,000.