Last Updated on 3 years by Admin
Kevin Baker Biography
Kevin Baker is an American novelist and journalist. He was born in August 1958, in Englewood, New Jersey, and grew up in Rockport, Massachusetts, a small town on the North Shore.
He graduated from Columbia University in New York City in 1980 with a major in political science, and since then has earned his living as a writer and editor. As a youth he worked on the local newspaper Gloucester Daily Times, covering school-boy sports, as well as town meetings and other civic affairs.
His first novel, Sometimes You See It Coming, based loosely on the life of Ty Cobb, but set in the modern day, was published in hardcover by Crown in 1993 and in paperback by HarperPaperbacks in the spring of 2003. Dreamland, part of Baker’s New York‚ City of Fire trilogy was published by HarperCollins in 1999, and in paperback the following year. Paradise Alley was published by HarperCollins in 2002, and the third and final volume of the trilogy, Strivers Row, which was published in February, 2006. Kevin was the chief historical researcher on Harold Evans’ best–selling history, The American Century, published by Knopf in 1999. He wrote the monthly “In the News” column for American Heritage magazine from 1998-2007, and has been published in The New York Times, The New Republic, Politico.com, New York magazine, The Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, The Los Angeles Times, The Frankfurter Rundschau, and Harper’s magazine, among other publications. He is a 2017 Guggenheim Fellow for non-fiction.
Kevin Baker Age
He was born in August 1958.
Kevin Baker Wife
He is married and lives in New York City.
Kevin Baker PhotosKevin Baker
Kevin Baker Books
- Paradise Alley
- The Big Crowd
- America the Ingenious: How a Nation of Dreamers, Immigrants, and Tinkerers Changed the World
- Sometimes You See It Coming
- Strivers Row
- America: The Story of Us: An Illustrated History
- Luna Park
- Becoming Mr. October
- Mankind: The Story of All of Us
- Paul Cullen Citizen and Soldier: The Life and Times of Major General Paul Cullen
- Warblers of Europe, Asia and North Africa
- Mutiny! Naval Insurrections in Australia and New Zealand
- Mutiny, Terrorism, Riots and Murder: A History of Sedition in Australia and New Zealand
- Journey into Faith
- Band on the Run: Sex, Drugs and Rock’n’Roll was Never Like This!
- Identification Guide to European Non-passerines