Last Updated on 1 month by Editor
Normani full name: Normani Kordei Hamilton) is an American singer, songwriter, and dancer who is best known as a member of the girl group Fifth Harmony, which was formed on the second season of The X Factor US in 2012.
In 2017, Miss. Hamilton was a contestant in Dancing with the Stars season 24. Prior to that, her girl group, Fifth Harmony, with whom she still sings, led to her rise in fame since its formation.
Her first single, a duet by the title, Love Lies, with fellow American singer Khalid, was recorded for the soundtrack of the movie Love, Simon, and it reached number 9 on the US Billboard Hot 100.
Normani Kordei Age | Normani Birthday
The Fifth Harmony songstress is 22 years old as of 2018. She was born on 31 May 1996 in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
Normani Kordei Boyfriend
During her time at X Factor, the singer was reported to be dating fellow contestant Arin Ray in 2012 and 2013. The two had met during the boot camp stage but their relationship didn’t last long and they reportedly split in 2013.
Since then, she has been romantically linked to several men including, Fifth Harmony Dinah Jane Hansen’s cousin, Thomas Hansen, her Dancing with the Stars partner Valentin Chmerkovskiy and the How to Get Away with Murder actor Kendrick Sampson.
Of all those rumored relationships, nothing has been confirmed yet, hence, she has no boyfriend, neither is she married.
Normani and Khalid Dating
Normani and Khalid had been rumored to be dating. However, she set the record straight in an interview with Hot 97’s Nessa saying that she and Khalid are just friends; best friends.
Normani Fifth Harmony
On the second season of The X Factor USA in 2012, Normani auditioned with “Chain of Fools” by Aretha Franklin.
She got all the four approval yeses from the judges hence advancing to the next round. During the second round of boot camp, she was eliminated and that marked the end of her X Factor participation as a solo artist. However, she was later brought back to the show by Simon Cowell, founder and judge on X Factor, who put her into a group with four other girls; Ally Brooke, Lauren Jauregui, Dinah Jane and Camila Cabello who would later become Fifth Harmony.
The group managed to get to the finale and they finished in third place.
In October 2013, Fifth Harmony released their first EP, Better Together and in 2015 they released their debut album, Reflection, followed by their second album, 7/27, in 2016, which spawned singles such as “Worth It” and “Work from Home”, respectively.
On August 25, 2017, the group released their self-titled album, their first as a quartet after Camila Cabello left the group. Later on in March 19, 2018, the group announced their decision to take an indefinite hiatus to pursue solo careers.
Normani Dancing With The Stars
The songstress was a contestant in season 24 of Dancing with the Stars where she partnered with Valentin Chmerkovskiy, who had previously won with partners Rumer Willis and during the preceding year’s season with Olympic gymnast Laurie Hernandez. They finished third.
Normani Leaves Fifth Harmony
Following Fifth Harmony’s indefinite hiatus, Fifth Harmony fans were left wondering what could have been the cause of the girls calling it quits. Normani, however, in an interview with the PEOPLE explained saying that nothing necessarily happened. She went ahead to explain that it felt like a good time for them and that they were leaving on very good terms.
Normani and Khalid | Khalid Ft Normani
Khalid is an American singer and songwriter who is signed to Right Hand Music Group and RCA Records. Both musicians collaborated in her duet titled, Love Lies.
Normani Calvin Harris | Normani Ft Wizkid
Normani and Scottish producer Calvin Harris came together to make a double-sided single with songs “Checklist” featuring Nigerian singer WizKid and “Slow Down”. It was released on October 22, 2018.
Normani mentioned Beyonce as one of her influences. Later in 2018, Normani got a chance to meet Beyonce. Speaking to Refinery29, she described the meeting as the best seven minutes of her life.
In the brief meeting, Normani not only got a Beyoncé co-sign, but also got some personal and career advice.
In an interview with Hot 97, she went into details of the encounter. “When I met her we just casually talked. She was like ‘Oh my gosh’ she didn’t even give me a chance to introduce myself.” “She looks at me she says, ‘Oh my gosh, I’ve been waiting so long to meet you.”
“She was just like ‘you keep doing your thing. I’m really proud of you. I’m watching you.”
Normani Nicki Minaj
During the MTV VMA’s in August 2018, Nicki Minaj rushed in defense of Fifth Harmony and Normani. This was after presenter Tiffany Hadish threw shade at Fifth Harmony saying, “Camila Cabello is here nominated for five awards. So those of you watching at home, hi Fifth Harmony!”
Later, when accepting her award, Nicki Minaj took her time to put the comedian in her place telling Haddish, “Don’t be coming for Fifth Harmony because Normani is that bitch. I’m just saying.”
Normani took to Twitter to thank Nicki for defending her and Fifth Harmony saying, “@NICKIMINAJ I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Below are some of her songs while with Fifth Harmony:
- Love lies ft. Khalid (2018)
- Work from Home- Fifth Harmony (2016)
- Worth It – Fith Harmony Ft. Kid Ink (2015)
- Por Favor-Fifth Harmony (2015)
- Bo$$- Fifth Harmony (2015)
- Dont Say You Love Me- Fifth Harmony (2017)
- All in My Head- Fifth Harmony (2016)
- I’m in Love with a Monster- Fifth Harmony (2015)
- Angel- Fifth Harmony (2017)
- Down- Fifth Harmony (2017)
- Sledgehammer- Fifth Harmony (2015)
Normani Events and Tours
- 26 Mar • Philadelphia, PA, United States
- 28 Mar • Cleveland, OH, United States
- 30 Mar • Connecticut, United States
- 1 Apr • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- 3 Apr • Toronto, ON, Canada
- 5 Apr • Detroit, MI, United States
- 12 Apr • Indianapolis, IN, United States
- 13 Apr • St. Louis, MO, United States
- 15 Apr • Milwaukee, WI, United States
- 18 Apr • Omaha, NE, United States
- 20 Apr • Denver, CO, United States
- 22 Apr • Salt Lake City, UT, United States
- 25 Apr • Edmonton, AB, Canada
- 27 Apr • Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 29 Apr • Portland, OR, United States
- 2 May • San Jose, CA, United States
- 6 May • Los Angeles, CA, United States
- 14 May • Phoenix, AZ, United States
- 17 May • San Antonio, TX, United States
- 19 May • Houston, TX, United States
- 21 May • Dallas, TX, United States
- 28 May • Tampa, FL, United States
- 29 May • Orlando, FL, United States
- 31 May • Miami, FL, United States
- 4 Jun • Raleigh, NC, United States
- 8 Jun • Atlanta, GA, United States
- 14 Jun • New York, United States
- 15 Jun • New York, United States
- 18 Jun • New York, NY, United States
- 22 Jun • Boston, MA, United States